Interested in a career in technology? The Business and Education Stakeholders in Technology Industry Partnership (BEST IP) invite all girls up through those entering their sophomore year in college to attend this FREE technology career event.
Here are the details:
“Women in Technology” Event
Thurs, June 16th
Seton Hill University
The easiest way to access all the event details is to visit: http://www.tinyurl.com/facebookwit
Be sure to click “Like” on the page to be in-the-know about all event information.
Here is a summary of the Women in Technology event:
- Event being held at Seton Hill University on Thursday, June 16th from 8:00am to 4:00pm.
- This event is 100% FREE, and includes breakfast and lunch!!!
- Technology jam-packed day with 2 speakers and 3 workshops, plus a panel discussion talking about education and IT.
- Keynote speakers include Audrey Russo, CEO of the Pittsburgh Technology Council, and Barbara Van Kirk, President of IQ, Inc.
- MC for the day is Judy Cornwall of Impaqt
- Workshops include hands-on experience with mobile phone applications, cyber crime, and much more!
- The easiest way to access all the event details is to visit: http://www.tinyurl.com/facebookwit and click “Like”
- There will be a professional mentor assigned to small groups of 3-5 girls for the day to go around to the workshops, interact, and discuss the girls’ future goals and whatever interests they have.
- This is open to Westmoreland, Fayette, and Allegheny counties.
- Open to girls entering middle school, high school, and freshman-to-be in college that are exploring career options.
- Enrollment is simple! Just visit http://www.tinyurl.com/witenrollment
- Limited to 100 girls, and will be first-come, first serve. There is still space available, so please help us spread the word!
This event is being coordinated with the help of the following organizations and schools:
- Westmoreland and Fayette Workforce Investment Board
- Business and Education Stakholders in Technology Industry Partnership (BEST IP)
- Three Rivers Workforce Investment Board
- Private Industry Council
- Pittsburgh Technology Council
- Seton Hill University