Thanks to a grant from the Benedum Foundation, Help Startups was able to significantly enhance the capabilities of their entrepreneurial web portal and launched the new version last week. The new web portal includes the following enhancements:
- A vibrant new look for the entire site
- More information made available on the Home page
- Entrepreneurial News assembled from a number of other web sites via RSS feeds
- Widgets that you can ‘grab’ to share Help Startups information on your site
- Expanded User Profiles can be viewed by other users, including listings of social network connections
- Users can publish articles
- Companies can post Press Releases, which are highlighted on our Home page, as they arrive
- User can provide Ratings and Comments on Resources, and the links in the Getting Started and Information Links sections
- A dynamic link is provided to Yet2.com where you can search through thousands of innovations that are available or that companies are seeking
- Companies can post videos
- Featured Companies and Videos will regularly be updated on our Home page
Help Startups is a web portal serving entrepreneurs and all those providing services and support to the entrepreneurial community. Linking is the key concept behind Help Startups. They work to link entrepreneurs with important information, necessary resources, investors, qualified executives, new opportunities and, most importantly, each other.
Join Help Startups for another enjoyable and profitable evening on the deck at Doc’s Place on Walnut Street in Shadyside. No program, no speeches, no pressure – just grab some liquid refreshment, some of Doc’s great pizza (it’s half price night!), and meet lots of interesting people.
The Summer Mash-Up in July was so popular that the participants asked for another event. Everyone made lots of new and potentially valuable connections! Join them to see what the buzz is about.
Help Startups Fall Mash-Up
Doc’s Place, Shadyside
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Read More or Register
In June, 2008, AlphaLab launched its first incubator program with six regional software, game design and Internet-related companies. Applications are now being accepted for the next program cycle to begin on January 5, 2009.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, October 15, with the selection committee reviewing applications as they are received (so get started early!)
AlphaLab provides the essential elements for startup companies to get off the ground successfully: funding, space, advisors, services, and a supportive entrepreneurial community. By combining these ingredients in an intensive 20-week program, AlphaLab provides companies a unique opportunity to accelerate their growth and development. AlphaLab is a program of Innovation Works.
|Company: Innovation Works
|Web Site: www.innovationworks.org
|Location: Pittsburgh, PA 15219
|Description:Innovation Works (IW) strives to increase the success rate of the region’s technology companies by providing business expertise, direct investment and hands-on support. As part of a collaborative network of organizations, including angel networks, venture capitalists, foundations, and public agencies, IW is working to create a vibrant community of innovative companies in southwestern Pennsylvania that will enable our region to succeed in the global economy. Read more.