The Pittsburgh Advertising Federation’s Education Committee invites you to participate in an RFP
to be the next non-profit organization to partner with our Collegiate Advertising Competition,
The Pitch. This competition is focused on uniting professionals from advertising and its associated
disciplines with students from our region in hands-on client work for a local non-profit
organization. The competition enhances student learning, deepens the ongoing relationship
between the professional and academic communities, and permits us to better serve the local nonprofit
The Ad School Challenge will hold 2-rounds of creative planning for the chosen organization. The
students will implement a creative strategy that best fits your marketing objectives. The strongest
candidates for consideration in this event will meet the following general criteria. Submitting
1. Qualify as a small Pittsburgh-based, non-profit.
2. Work from an organizational mission that is accessible to college students.
3. Provide a succinct, realistic marketing need that can be strategically addressed within the
4. Be willing and able to collaborate with the Education Committee in preparation for the event.
5. Be willing and able to participate in several aspects of the challenge. On the day of the main
event, Wed Oct 8, 2014, we ask you to be available in the morning to answer student’s
questions via email. We also ask that you participate in the first and second phases of the
evaluation process. The first phase consists of video presentations and written proposals from
each of the 5-7 teams. Once submitted, we will ask you to narrow the field to two teams. The
top two teams will have the opportunity to pitch to you live. You will then be asked to choose
a final winning team. The date of the live presentations is TBD and will be flexible based on
SUBMISSION DEADLINE & CONTACT
Interested non-profits must complete the submission requirements by 5 pm on Friday, June 27,
2014. All completed documents can be emailed directly to Rebecca Senneway, Director of the
Education Committee for the Pittsburgh Advertising Federation: email@example.com.
Please complete the following and submit it on or before the deadline in order to be considered as
a potential non-profit partner for “The Pitch, Collegiate Advertising Competition.” If you have
supporting materials that you would like to provide, please do so as an addendum to your
1. Complete Name of Organization
2. Organization website
3. Name, Title, Phone and E-mail address of Submitter
4. Number of Paid Employees
5. Number of Employees dedicated to marketing efforts plus their titles
6. Number of Active Volunteers
7. Brief background of the organization and its major event/initiatives
8. Identify your greatest marketing challenge (this would be the main challenge for the students)
a. YES or NO: Are you able to provide organizational information to help students
address this challenge? (e.g. annual report, financial statements, marketing study,
previous research, etc.)
9. Do you currently have an internship program in place?
10. Any additional information that might be helpful in our decision-making process?
After we receive all submissions, the final selection process may require us to gather additional
information. If necessary, we will contact finalists to learn more about their current marketing and
communication efforts. We thank you, in advance, for your willingness to work with us in order to
provide the best experience for the students.
Please send any questions or comments to Rebecca Senneway, Director of the Education
Committee for the Pittsburgh Advertising Federation: firstname.lastname@example.org.