Greg Babe, President and CEO of Bayer Corporation and Bayer MaterialScience LLC, was named the 2009 “CEO Communicator of the Year” by the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Pittsburgh Chapter. Babe accepted the award at the annual PRSA Renaissance Awards Ceremony on January 21.
Babe was honored for his excellence in communications as the leader of Bayer’s U.S. operations and for his ongoing efforts to promote Pittsburgh worldwide. This includes:
- Establishing news media accessibility through local and national interviews.
- Encouraging local and national news media to cover business, education and diversity issues.
- Advancing Bayer internal communications via an Intranet site and hosting regular events for Bayer employees and retirees.
- Actively promoting worldwide attention to the Pittsburgh region throughout the G-20 Summit.
- Leading the community team that secured and announced the United Nations’ 2010 World Environment Day to be held in Pittsburgh on June 5.